Translate

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Roasting Peppers 101

In my family we try our hardest to keep the Italian tradition. My mom has continued to teach me cooking traditions that were taught to her when she was growing up. In the Fall, we usually buy a bushel of peppers at the local farm and  dedicate a day to roast our peppers outside on the barbeque. We have an assembly line to clean, season and preserve the peppers. We also cut up raw peppers, bag and freeze so we have peppers readily available and at a fraction of the cost.

Another family event that we do to keep our traditions and family ties strong.

It is now spring and have run out! I haven't had a chance to take out my barbeque so I've decided to roast my peppers which is just as yummy. Great as a side dish, or a topping in a sandwich. Veal on a bun perhaps?






Roast your pepper until well cooked



Split, remove seeds and peel. Be careful, it's hot!


 
Slice peppers and wash (to remove remnant seeds)
Season with olive oil, salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment